This post contains affiliate links.
While there are loads of lists and databases of all the spells mentioned in Harry Potter, I really wanted to create a Harry Potter Spell Book to include in our Harry Potter treasure box.
I used the list and descriptions I found on the Harry Potter Wikia, and edited down from there.
This DIY spell book ends up printing on four double-sided pages for the inside, plus the covers, which are single sided. When trimmed down and folded, the finished book is 3.5″x7″.
Harry Potter Spell Book Printable
- If you purchased parchment look paper, or have a black and white printer, you'll want to download the white background spell book.
- If you have a color printer that can do double-sided, you can download the tea-stained background version. (These downloads will open Google Drive in a new window)
- Before you download the Harry Potter spells printable, install the free Dumbledor font, or parts of the book won't look right.
Assembling the DIY Spell Book
- Trim all the pages down to 7″x7″ then crease down the middle. (Pay attention to keep the pages in alphabetical order!)
- Attach the pages together in the crease with staples or stitches.
<<— Return to Treasure Box overview post
Dr .Loden Rogers says
Great post! thanks for sharing this informative post.
This website is AMAZING! I appreciate all the hard work you’ve done in creating these great Harry Potter resources! I’m teaching a summer camp next week and this website has helped me plan a great, interactive week! I will definitely tell all my colleagues about your website. THANK YOU!
John Barclay says
This is a beautiful project.
JILL LASH says
How do we edit the name on the front of the spell book?
Hi Jill, It’s not designed to be edited. That’s the author’s name according to the books.
Hi there, what version of book did you use for the spelling of Miranda Goshawk. This is from Pottermore:
“Miranda Goshawk is an author. She has written the Standard Book of Spells, which has several Grades. They are required textbooks at Hogwarts.”
Any chance for an updated cover page?
Great post! Thanks