This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveTheseCleanPaws #CollectiveBias
I’ve always had cats, from White Cat who my parents originally received as a wedding gift long before I was born, to Chewie and Leia, our current furballs, who joined the family on Max’s 5th birthday. As much I love having cats; no one loves the one things that they all bring with them: the litter box.
Thankfully, now we have Fresh Step® Clean Paws™ Multi-Cat Scented Litter with the power of Febreze™ freshness, in a low-dust and low-tracking formula, to help keep that litter where it belongs and NOT spread all over the house! It’s made of a special blend of larger particles is designed to stick less to your cat’s fur and stay in the box, and is guaranteed to eliminate odor for ten days. You can pick up Fresh Step® Clean Paws™ at Target, or by clicking through on the image below!
Keeping their paws cleaner is great, but so is giving them a good place to stretch their toes and scratch. According to the Humane Society, having a place to scratch is important for several reasons: It allows the cats to mark their territory, stretch their muscles and ligaments, and it helps shed the dead skin off their claws.
Because I always have a continuous supply of cardboard from my online shipments and various supplies, I wanted to figure out a way to replicate those corrugated cardboard scratchers I see at the store all the time. Once you spend a little time cutting the pieces of cardboard, it’s a total breeze to put together and your kitties are sure to love it!
- Cardboard boxes made of corrugated cardboard
- Utility Knife
- Straight edge
- Non-toxic glue
- Foam brush
- Adhesive Shelf Liner Paper
- Cut enough strips of cardboard to fill your base box. (Mine’s 2” tall, so the strips are 2” wide)
- Cut enough strips to fill your base tightly; mine took about 37 strips of the same length, yours may vary based on base box size and cardboard thickness.
- Wrap the base box with decorative adhesive shelf paper. This helps give it a really finished look and can match your decor!
- Sprinkle catnip into the base box before you start adhering the strips into the base.
- Using non-toxic classroom glue, glue the strips into the base box and to each other. Repeat until the box is full.
- You’re done, just add cat!
Want to save money on your next purchase of Fresh Step® Clean Paws™ litter at Target? Be sure to download the Cartwheel app and take advantage of the special offer, April 1-7 only!