I had plans to make this a video, but I'm a slacker. So instead you get a list with bonus animated gif.
In honor of my 37th birthday, here are 37 things you may or may not know about me…
- I hate mushrooms. I just can't wrap my mind around eating fungus.
- I think BBQ potato chips dipped in cream cheese is delicious.
- I don't eat meat off the bone… I don't like being reminded that it was an animal.
- I have spent the last 10 or so years teaching myself to eat more foods. Unagi is my ultimate culinary goal.
- I've never seen Titanic.
- My signature karaoke song was One Week by BNL.
- I have a signature karaoke song.
- I've had a crush on Jamie since high school.
- I still do.
- My first “real” job was shoveling popcorn and tearing tickets at a movie theater.
- I've never been to Disney World.
- I can do this:
- I'm tongue tied. (I won't post a photo because it's weird looking, but I'll totally show you in person if you really need to see it)
- I refer to my red streak my “suburban mom rebellion”
- I collect antique cameras, specifically Kodaks.
- I had a mullet for a while in 4th grade.
- I also had floral print satin capri pants.
- I own 52 pairs of shoes.
- I spent more on my wedding shoes than my dress.
- I don't like ice cream with chunks in it.
- I thought the parades and fireworks were for me until I was about 10.
- I was in a band and we recorded 3 CDs when I was in high school.
- I'd rather go to a chilly, overcast beach than a hot sunny one. This is good because Northern California.
- The first person who knew I was pregnant besides me was the cashier at a Taco Bell drive thru, and it's part of why I think Taco Bell was such a big pregnancy craving for me.
- When we were in 5th and 7th grades, my sister and I could perform Les Mis in its entirety from beginning to end
- I'm a sucker for a dress or skirt with pockets.
- I love roller coasters, but didn't go on an upside down one until I was 12, and I didn't know it went upside down, but my 8 year old cousin was going, so I figured it couldn't be too scary.
- I still remember the whole end of day ritual from my childhood day camp.
- I can do “You Light Up My Life” in ASL.
- I took four years of French in high school, and still try to think sentences in French when I'm out in the world.
- I lost my first tooth while eating a bowl of cereal with a fork.
- I need a manicure.
- I love to eat frozen peas. Cold little nuggets of deliciousness.
- The disease that caused my kidney failure, Goodpasture's Syndrome, was mentioned on three episodes of HOUSE, but it was never the final diagnosis.
- I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri when I was pregnant. Yes, that means “fake brain tumor” It's totally a thing.
- My Girl Scout camp name was Derby.
- I have the same middle name as my dad, my grandfather, and my great-grandfather.
I am totally with you on #1. Fungus, blech
Happy Birthday! I left you a present….a few presents. In your house. 😉
Loved reading this!! Have a very happy and playful birthday:))) love you Mary
Happy Happy Birthday you funny, funny girl! I hope you have a blessed day and can’t wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!
My girls’ camp names are Katniss and Chiquita. Actually, they call Chiquita “Katniss’ sister” and you can imagine how that goes over.
Happiest of days to you! My nephew and his partner had a baby today to celebrate!
Ashley Fitting says
I didn’t think it was possible to like you any more… 🙂 Although woman, we have to talk about the fungus and and the Unagi… isn’t that eel??? 🙂
xoxoxo. See you soon!!!
Happy birthday (a few days late…)! The fireworks and parades are totally still for you. 🙂