I know that dads and kids can sometimes stress over the perfect gift for Mother's Day… and I also know that sometimes, moms can be tough to buy for.
So often, we say, “Oh, I don't need anything!” but really, there are some things that the vast majority of moms would love to receive, and lots of these things don't cost a penny!
- Let me call you whatever I want for a whole day and don't complain. If I want to call you “My baby,” you'll let me with no sass.
- 5 minutes of snuggling with no elbow or knee pokes, just soft cuddles
- Leave the room to fart, instead of sitting on me to do it. For an entire day.
- Put the toilet seat down. Every time.
- Hold back the “eeeeww” if I have an overwhelming urge to smother your face with kisses.
- At least take a bite of a new food before proclaiming it gross.
- Let me pee in peace without opening, knocking on, or sticking your fingers under the door.
- Go brush your teeth the first time I remind you.
- Ask Daddy for butt-wiping assistance, instead of me.
- Don't tell me to stop singing when we're rocking out in the car. It's the only place I can do it these days.
I realize it can be hard to give these sorts of things without a physical reminder to go with them, so I've put together a handy sheet of coupons for you to download and print out!
You can either choose the preset collection pictured above, or download a page of 4 blank Mother's Day coupons. Or both! Print them out, sign them (to validate that they're authentic, of course) and present them to Mom. Done.
And to the moms who are reading this (and hopefully nodding along) I hope you have a fantastic mother's day full of love and those moments that remind you why you started on this journey in the first place.