This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Yay it’s party season! I love fall and winter, and all the holiday celebrations that come with this time of year. I love attending and hosting parties, and I looove the food. Specifically, I love miniature food. It just tastes better. Candy, savories, snacks and burgers. Make it tiny, where I get the full experience in a single bite and I’m happy. Take one of my favorite things in the world, a bacon cheeseburger, and miniaturize it and decorate it with bacon and Kraft Natural Shredded cheese? I am SO in.
I wanted to flip a cheeseburger on its head, so here I’m using a sharp cheddar cheese crisp as the base; these crisps are SO easy to make, and Kraft Natural Shredded is the perfect texture to make them. Pick some up next time you’re at Walmart!
Cheddar Cheese Crisps
Ingredients: Kraft Natural Shredded cheese. That’s it. You can use any of the varieties, but we’re using sharp cheddar here to go with the burger theme.
Supplies: Cookie sheet, mini muffin tin, large flat spatula (like a pancake flipper), parchment paper. Don’t try to use foil, it doesn’t work. (Trust me)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lay a sheet of parchment to fit your cookie sheet.
- Create small piles of Kraft Natural Shredded; I use a tablespoon to get similarly-sized piles.
- Leave quite a bit of room in between the piles, because they WILL spread.
- Place cookie sheet in heated oven, bake for 7 minutes
- While crisps are cooking, get mini muffin tin and invert it on the counter.
- Remove crisps from oven, wait about 30 seconds then immediately transfer them to the upside-down mini muffin tin, using flat spatula. (If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, other shapes will work; a rolling pin will make little taco-shaped shells, or a small condiment bowl may also work to shape them into little dishes, which is the look we’re going for here.
- Let sit until cool, then remove crisps to paper towel to absorb oil.
Set aside until meatballs are ready.
These cheese crisps are so versatile, and you can use any of the available Kraft Natural varieties; the Mexican blend would be great with fajita toppings, or do an italian caprese version on a parmesan crisp! We make these all the time for snacks and for meals, they’re so fast and easy.
Ingredients: 1 lb. ground turkey, 1 lb. ground beef, 1 egg, ketchup, yellow mustard, pickle relish, steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. I use a very scientific system of about 3 squeezes each of the sauces, and a generous soup spoon of relish. It’s all very precise, clearly. 🙂
- Portion the meatballs into approx. 1″ balls. I use our ice cream scoop to help me keep them close to the same size.
Place meatballs onto a foil-lined cookie sheet, leaving a bit of space in between each ball.
- Bake at 400 for 18 minutes
- When done, remove from oven and finish in a frying pan to brown the outside.
To serve, add your preferred burger garnish. We used pickle slices, bacon, and a teeny tiny tomato on a skewer. Place onto a Kraft Natural cheese crisp, serve and enjoy.