First order of business, my sister finally came over to check out the kitchen last night, so she can be on my blog again! Welcome back Katie! LOL
Anyway, I've been so productive this weekend! I started off with a little scrappin' on Friday night… I finished two layouts for the Garage and made a nice girly decoration for Faith's nursery.
The paper and monogram letters are Basic Grey, and that's really all there is to it! I was thisclose to doing it entirely without cardstock of any kind, but really felt like I needed the white matte and the names under the photo. The pic is from a quickie shoot I did a couple of weeks ago.
KI paper and rub-ons; Bazzill cardstock, Heidi Swapp letters. When we took our roadtrip up to Canada in June, Jamie was determined to make the whole trip top down… we had several miles of threatening clouds, but were for the most part OK… there was some actual rain for a while though, as evidenced by the droplets on the windshield. The journaling here docuements “The conversation around mile 900: Me: Hey, babe? J: Yeah? Me: It's getting chilly, huh? J: YEah, kinda. Me: It's raining. J: Yup. Me: Like water drops falling from the sky raining. J: Aaaaand? Me: Ya think we could put the top up?” LOL
And here are the letters I altered for Faith's room:
Because the nursery was decorated without knowing the gender, it's all pretty generic, so I had offered to do the baby's name in appropriate colors after his/her arrival.
I used Basic Grey Lily Kate patterned paper, and cardstock from Bazzill and DCWV. There are some Heidi Swapp, Bookends stickers, KI rub-ons, Prima flowers, Bazzill brads… all sorts of fun stuff going on here! I can't wait to see it all mounted in her room!
So that was Friday night… Saturday morning, I finished up my projects and headed out to meet my mom… I took her to the Vet's Hall to check it out, and then had my hair trial with the girl (conveniently named Liz!) who will do my hair for the wedding. I gave her the basics (half up, half down, more on the “engineered” side than the soft/almost falling out side, and she ran with it. I love what she came up with!
These pics are, of course, just of the trial, so it's a little messy, and it'll overall be a bit “bigger” for the day of, but I love the overall look and feel, and it stayed in really comfortably until I took it out before bed last night.
And I was totally astonished to see this photo! All that hair! Of course, it doesn't hold much curl over time, but if it sticks like this for photos, I'm happy! LOL
And we also got the cake ordered! It's “just” from Albertsons's, since it isn't something that was super important to either of us, and they make decent cakes. It's $200, and I'm planning on making a stink for the 25% discount sign that was posted, even though it was past the end of the offer… this photo was scanned from a brochure I got at the store, but it gives you the idea! We're just doing 2 tiers, 12″ and 8″, with the chocolate scrollwork on white fondant.
I added this cake platter to our Crate & Barrel registry I think elevating it a bit off the table will help “cover” for the lack of a traditional third layer. Like I said, the cake wasn't a priority for either of us, so its there more for tradition's sake than anything else. We're planning to supplement the wedding cake (87 servings total; we aren't planning on keeping the top) with a cheesecake as well, which we both prefer to regular cake.
So that's what I've been up to! We got our first response cards in yesterday's mail… very exciting! I can't believe we're getting so close! Only 6 more Sundays!