I haven't posted for most of the month.
I suck, I know.
Sorry to my loyal readers… all what? like 3 of you? LOL
Here's the run-down on my month thus far (now that it's the 26th!)
– Went on a cruise with my mom and sister. We left from Long Beach and went to Catalina and Ensenada and then back. It was actually a scrapbook event, and I had invited Mom and Katie to join me… it was my first cruise, they'd both been before. The weather pretty much sucked the whole time, but I loved cruising itself and can't wait to go on one with Jamie! The scrappin' part was a pretty major let down; the classes were really disorganized, and, I don't know about you, but I wasn't going to be getting up for an 8 am class while I was on vacation!
We only made it to ONE of the workshops, but did get all of the class kits, so I'll play with them one of these days (after I get tham back from Katie!)
I do think (hope!) that Katie caught the scrapping bug and will be joining me at some crops in the future… we'll see what happens! She made a couple of cards on the trip and seems to have a natural eye for design, so I'd love to see what she could come up with a full arsenal of goodies at her fingertips! (I'd packed a pretty limited selection for us to share)
Here's a pic of us from formal night:
(Katie and I totally didn't match on purpose! I swear! LOL)
– Jamie finally got his car back! Just one day short of 4 weeks after the break-in. There are still a few things that need to be dealt with (like the stereo) but at least the top is fixed! The garage is also cleaned out now, so he can park in the garage for a bit of extra security… I hope it's enough to keep the poor little car safe from now on! After spending 2 weeks driving an Explorer and 2 weeks in a Camry, Jamie said he's forgotten just how much he loves his car and how thrilled he was to *finally* have it back!
– I'm a Garage Girl! This doesn't mean anything to a lot of people, but it means a lot to me, so I'm good! LOL It means I was invited to join the design team of my very favorite place, “The Garage” (aka: Picture Me Perfect, my LSS) I'm really looking forward to working with an amazing group of girls I am also blessed to call friends.
– Ummm… we're still dealing with kitchen stuff. We didn't have much luck getting the original 2 contractors to get estimates to us, so I asked around and got a couple of other referrals from friends. We have a guy coming tomorrow to take a look, and he comes *very* highly recommended, so hopefully we can get this thing going ASAP!
– I was there for 714! Jamie had to work (poor guy) and couldn't come to the annual A's game and tailgate party for my mom's work… it was A's v. Giants, and Barry hit 714! It was an amazing experience, and I'm thrilled that I was there to see history. Like the guy or not, you can't deny the numbers. I'm hoping he hits 715 tomorrow night, when we're home in SF…
Being greeted by his son at home plate:
OK, so I think those are the milestones for the month… if I think of anything else, I'll add a post! LOL
Welcome back, Congratulations on the DT, and whohoooo on the cruise.
Finally girlie!!! 🙂 So happy to be on the team with you too! Can’t wait for our Rick Springfield fun!
congrats on the design team!! what a great pic of you guys… i like that you matched!
Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems says
Congrats on being chosen for the design team! That is so awesome. Glad to hear the car is back in it’s rightful owners hands…..
The pic from the cruise is beautiful
Great photos of you Lizz. Congrats on the Garage Girl DT…it’s about time!!
congrats on getting onto the design team. you must be so excited.