We rang in the new year last night the same way we have the last several; at home, just us and a bottle of bubbly. We were asleep by 12:30. SFGate called 2010 “The Year to Grin and Bear It” and I can't agree more! It's not that 2010 didn't have its redeeming qualities (hello, transplant!) but in general, we struggled a lot more than we celebrated.
We've got lots in store for 2011; I don't believe in making resolutions, because I'm not a fan of setting myself up for failure, but a couple of goals for our family in the new year:
- Get rid of The Stuff (OMG, it just won't go away! Maybe we should do something about that!)
- Stick together no matter what, and have as much fun as we can along the way
- Find the perfect preschool for Max to start in the fall (Eeek! My baby's going to school!)
- Since our cars are paid off (WOO HOO!), giving us a little more breathing room every month, get a savings plan back in place and rebuild what we lost/used up due to extenuating circumstances in the last couple of years.
I've got a couple of goals personally as well, mostly relating to photography (big surprise to those who know me, right? LOL)
- The non-photo one: Take care of myself in order to take care of my kidney. Take meds on time, get labs on time, be aware.
- Participate in the blogging/Twitter community at large more; I enjoyed my Reverb10 experience so much, I'd really like to do more like it.
- Keep shooting, keep improving (Check out my photo blog for that progress specifically)
- Continue with Max's Thursday pictures
- Take it to the next step, and complete a 365 Challenge this year. (Posted 1/365 this morning at a few minutes past midnight… super excited about this challenge!)
So, as we head into this new year, I wish you all the joy and prosperity you want and deserve!
STUFF….I swear it replicates/multiplies/grows just to drive me bonkers! But, I have started taking steps towards avoiding the men in white coats and took a car full (so full, couldn't bring the kidlets with me!) to the Salvation Army on December 23rd (deadline to get it out before more came in on the 24th!). I have a really hard time letting go of STUFF, so I'm proud of myself! :>
Congrats again on starting a 365 project, I think that is uber cool. Wishing you great health this year and lots of good times with your family! Happy New Year! :>
Geekin' Hard says
Ugh, I'm feelin you on the photography front but I just can't commit to the 365 project. As cool as that would be – I find it easier to write a couple hundred words than to take a picture so it would be next to impossible for me to actually do this "on the daily". Looking to do something weekly though. Looking forward to keeping up with your photoblog!