A few things, in no particular order, that have made me cry or at least tear up in the last few weeks:
1. My highly anticipated “A&W Root Beer Float” soda that tasted disappointingly like fake vanilla candy had melted in a flat root beer.
2. Finally listening to the “Baby Beatles” CD Faith gave Spiff for Christmas… it's lullaby-style covers of favorite Beatles songs. Picturing myself singing along to Hey Jude to my baby, I was a mess.
3. Sitting in my rocking chair… sure, it isn't a swanky glider like they sell today. Hell, it isn't even all that comfy! But it's the same chair my mom rocked me to sleep in, and waiting to rock my own baby in it making me crazy! LOL
4. “I've Just Seen a Face” by the Beatles. Think about the opening lines in the context of having a baby girl:
I've just seen a face,
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just met.
She's just the girl for me
And I want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm.
Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware.
But as it is I'll dream of her
Falling, yes I am falling
5. Jamie's cell battery being dead when I was trying to call him.
6. Cynthia (she's doing much better and is out of the hospital, BTW!) telling us that she realizes that she shut her family out of her life too much and that she wants to be more involved and available. I'm calling her “New and Improved Grandma”
7. My sister grabbing and squeezing my arm at my ultrasound last week… and Faith, upon seeing the image on the screen, pointing and saying “Baby!”
8. My brother-in-law, Jason, getting pulled up on stage at Teatro ZinZanni to “compete” for the title of “Caesar” and seeing him totally get into it and being funnier than I've EVER seen him in more than 5 years of knowing him. (These were totally good tears! LOL)
9. More than a few of the jokes on New Year's at the Comedy Countdown show… specifically… I can't think of any. (Damn you, prego brain!)
I'm sure there's more, but these are the only things I've got at the moment… I felt like I'd been over-neglecting my blog so far!
More later, I promise!