What is this? Click here.
List some of the people who have really changed your life.
- My Mom (And my dad, too, I suppose!) Besides the fact that there wouldn't be a life to change without her, she stepped up and gave me a kidney in 2004, my first transplant. While it didn't last as long as we all hoped it would, that kidney got me through my wedding, the honeymoon of my dreams, and pregnancy. Not too shabby!
- Jamie When I split with my ex, I said that I wasn't going to settle again, that I was worth more than him. Jamie is that more. There are still days I think I don't deserve him, but he showed me that not settling works, and someone great is out there!
- Lisa K. My first youth minister at St. Timothy's in junior high, the person who first invited me to youth group and showed me that an adult outside of my family could really and truly be a friend.
- Mark S. The man who replaced Lisa when she moved on to bigger and better things, and the youth minister who guided me through high school. While we aren't in touch like we were back then, I have no doubt that he'd be available today if I needed someone to talk to.
- Dr. R My nephrologist in 2001. He's the one who told me I'd need a kidney transplant, that basically I wasn't just going to recover from my illness and get on with my life, that this was going to be a lifelong, life-altering experience.
- Tim Gave me the gift of life again. The most important part of it this time is he gave me back the ability to be a fully present mom to…
- Max He's not number seven because these are in any sort of order. He's number seven because without all of the above listed people, he may or may not even exist. A sum of all of the above parts, if you will. He has changed everything about me; from what I do with my time, to what I eat for dinner, to what I say if I stub my toe. Everything. And I'm thankful for it every day.
My friend Karen is compiling her list along with me today! She blogs over at TimeCrafted; go give her some love!