Darn that FitBit, taunting me to walk my way to weight loss! I have the default goal set, of 10,000 steps a day, It works out to about 5 miles, and it isn’t too much of a challenge on days I walk to my office, but I still need to make a bit of an effort to hit my goals.
Here are some of the more ridiculous things I’ve done to get my steps done, without simply going for a walk (because that would be too easy)
- Cross the street at every intersection, back and forth, back and forth
- Use the bathroom down the hall at my office, instead of the one that’s 25 feet from my desk.
- Walk to said bathroom in a zigzag pattern down the hall.
- Park at the far end of the parking lot at the train station (But not if I’ll be coming home after dark. That wouldn’t be smart)
- Walk laps around the elevator, or maybe just march in place. (I can’t really take the stairs at work, because there’s a weird door situation at one end and I don’t want to get trapped)
- Pace the platform while waiting for the train. People give me weird looks, yes, but I feel like it’s fewer weird looks than I’d get for marching in place while waiting.
- Lap the grocery store after going down each aisle. Down the cereal aisle, take a lap around the produce section, down the baking aisle, lap around the deli.
- Walk the halls while on conference calls. This only works for calls where I don’t need my computer though, because that would be weird.
What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever done to get your steps done?