December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
Learned about myself:
- I don't necessarily hate mushrooms! [Proof]
- I *can* pull off skinny jeans
- I love Max more with each passing day, which I never would have thought possible 2 years ago.
- I'm so proud of the things he accomplishes now (identifying letters and singing new songs) that I'm not sure how I (or my heart!) will handle it when he starts accomplishing *really* amazing things.
- I'm pretty freaking (emotionally) strong.
- What's best for my family might not be what I want, but it's what we have to do.
- My in-laws have raised a collection of wonderful men, and if Max turns out even close to the same, I'll consider my mothering a success.
I've also learned that:
- People (in general) are kinder and more generous than we (in general) give them credit for.
- And the opposite is true.
Leave a Reply