If you're as hooked on pinning as I am, I'm sure you've heard the folks who say that Pinterest is all about creating the life we think we want… clothes we can't afford, recipes we'll never make, houses we'll never own, blah blah blah.
Well, the vast majority of my pinning is recipes, craft projects, and boredom busters for Max. All things that I can very easily incorporate into my real life! So why not actually make a point of doing just that? And an idea was born! My Twitter friend @rubyspikes suggested I make this a link-up… it's something I'd considered for a second, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Turn again to Twitter, and voila, questions answered! So, here's what you need to do to participate:
- Go to your Pinterest boards and choose something to try. I'm mostly picturing people trying recipes and crafts, but anything is welcome!
- Try it! I'd love to know if you make any changes or substitutions, because depending on your own results, your voice of experience will benefit others who want to try it!
- Grab the button (below) and include it on your post.
- When you write the post, please include a link directly to the pin, and one to the original post (for those who aren't on Pinterest!) To include a link directly to the pin, just grab the URL at the top on the window. To include the image, just go to the pin and look on the right edge of the photo… you'll see a bunch of buttons; the “Embed” button will give you the image with a link back to Pinterest and a credit to the source. You can also grab the cute little “Pin It” button if you go to the top right corner of your screen: About –> About –> Goodies and then scroll down to the Pin It button and instructions.
- Come back and link up, and check out some of the others! You can pin things that interest you, and find some great new blogs to read as well!
The link-up will be open from July 11-18, so anytime in the next week and a half, see what you can do!