This post contains affiliate links.
This might be the quickest craft project I've ever done! For all those times I've wished a Harry Potter Remembrall was a real thing, this just might do the trick! I've got two versions for you, one is a standalone ball, the other is an ornament that can grace your tree and help you remember all the great memories of the season.
DIY Harry Potter Remembrall Supplies
- Plastic Snap Ball or solid ornament
- 2-3 yards red tulle or sheer ribbon
- 12″ gold ribbon
- Glue (I love E6000)
- Use a grinder to cut the ornament hanger off the Snap Ball style, so it's a plain ball.
- Bunch up the tulle into the ball; shove it in the hole if you're using a solid ball, fit it into half if using the snap ball.
- Close the ball up, being careful not to catch any of the ribbon in the seam, or your midline ribbon will be lumpy!
- Glue gold ribbon to cover the seam, or around the middle of the solid ball.
- Replace the top hanger if using a solid ball, set aside to let the glue dry, and your Harry Potter Remembrall is done!
<<— Return to Scavenger Hunt overview post
Elizabeth Hair says
This type of globe is the type you could also use for the Prophecy instead of a glass jar.
How many Remembralls would this amount of supplies make?
The instructions are written for a single Remembrall, but it would easy enough to scale up for more!