Hawaiian Sweet Bread
This is one of my favorite kinds of bread, especially as toast with homemade jam on top! It's also delicious as french toast.
I use the bread machine to mix the dough before transferring to a pan and then baking in the oven. This produces a more traditional loaf shape than I get out of my machine.
It also works well to just pile the dough onto parchment paper and bake it as a freeform loaf.
It's delicious no matter what shape it is!
Hawaiian Sweet Bread Machine Recipe
- 2½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 cups bread flour
- Place all liquid ingredients and sugar into bread maker pan
- Stir to combine
- Add flour on top of liquid, place pan in bread maker
- Follow machine directions to add yeast
- I only use the machine to make the dough; I finish it in the oven.
- This recipe makes 2 loves, so it won't fit in the maker for baking.
- Split dough and put into 2 greased pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350, until lightly browned and it sounds hollow when thumped
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
If you love this Hawaiian Sweet Bread Machine recipe, you should check out our other bread machine recipes.