This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Tomorrow is my and Jamie's 10th wedding anniversary. I knew that I had a good guy before that, but in the years since, he reminds me again and again just how awesome he is. I love him, of course, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that one of my favorite things is when he cooks for me.
He's got a number of excellent recipes that are “his” and a few that were his mom's trademarks. These cheesy chicken enchiladas were originally his mom's recipe, but over time he has really made it his own. They come together SO easily and make excellent leftovers, so they're one of our favorite family dinners around here.
We often pick up a ready-cooked rotisserie chicken for this, but you could use your favorite preparation of chicken, grilled, boiled and shredded, it's your choice! We like using the whole chicken because it gives a great mix of light and dark meat and having it ready-made simplifies the whole process.
- 10 Corn tortillas
- Cooked chicken, shredded to bite sized pieces
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can green chiles
- Lots and lots of shredded cheese
- Olives for garnish
- 9x13 pan
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cans of enchilada and tomato sauce in saucepan, put over medium heat
- Combine black beans and chiles in another saucepan, put over medium heat
- Mix a bit of sauce into chicken, then add the bean/chile mixture and stir
- Once both pots are warmed through, it's time to start assembling enchiladas
- Spread thin layer of sauce in 9x13 pan
- Dip tortilla in sauce
- Lay in 9x13, fill with chicken mixture and cheese
- Roll so seam is on bottom of pan
- Repeat to fill 9x13 pan (10 rolls)
- Add sauce over finished rolls
- Sprinkle shredded cheese
- Add some more cheese
- Really lay it on there! 🙂
- Sprinkle olives on top
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
Like I said, we love these enchiladas, and a pan of them can last a few days for lunches for us. While that's great for saving time, it's not so great for cleaning the pan after a couple of days.
All that cheesy deliciousness makes for happy bellies and yummy dinners, but WOW it can get baked on! That's where new Scotch-Brite® Scrubbing Dish Cloths come in handy! They're sturdy and reuseable, and the textured fiber is perfect for getting in all the nooks and crannies of whatever you need to clean.
They aren't just for dishes though; they're perfect for a variety of surfaces, and you get both the textured scrubbing side and a softer side that's great for drying. You don't have to worry about tackling even the most caked on messes with these dish cloths.
They're available in a 2-pack at Walmart, in five colors: Navy, Tan, Coral, Mint, or Gray.
Looking for more great cleaning inspiration? Check out more ideas here.
Click to save $1 on any two Scotch-Brite Products
(Scrub Sponges, Lint Rollers and Scrubbing Dish Cloths)