This is me
Mom, wife, tall, dress wearer, cat person, community manager, karaoke singer, champagne drinker, crafter, baker, writer, photographer, mess-maker, literal LOL’er, Gryffindor
This is me (according to other people*): Warm, vivacious, tall, strong, techy, amazing, tenacious, persevering, smart, creative, unafraid, effervescent, , hustler – in a non-softcore kinda way, StarWarsLicious
*If you haven’t done this, I highly recommend asking your Facebook friends for one word to describe you. It’s humbling and amazing.
This is my family
Star Wars geeks, teardrop trailer owners, SF Giants fans, San Francisco Bay Area born and raised, jokesters, #TeamPorter, antiques hunters, photo bombers, classic rock singer-alongers.
I realize that these photobooth shots are basically ancient at this point, but I love them too much to update.
This is our life
I started blogging in 2005, when I thought I was “late to the trend.” Jamie and I married in 2006, Max was born in 2008.
Take a spectator’s view of our lives with a few of my favorite posts from the past:
- Our marriage ceremony was performed by one of the friends from summer camp, just a week after he was ordained a real, honest to goodness Episcopal priest. Wanna see wedding pics?
- I actually keep and update my Bucket List, the things I want to do before I die. It’s a constantly evolving list, but you can check out my progress here.
- We’re dorky big Beatles fans. Our wedding was kind of Beatles themed (ceremony music was all Beatles and the invitations referenced “All You Need is Love”) We even went to Liverpool on our honeymoon.
- Max was born 12 weeks early due to sudden and severe pre-eclampsia. He weighed 2 lbs, 4.8 oz. and was 14.5″ long. You can read his dramatic birth story here.
- I was thrilled, overwhelmed and honored to be a part of the 2013 San Francisco cast of Listen to Your Mother. My reading of my piece, 91 Days, is right here if you’d like to watch it. *Kleenex warning
- I am a two-time kidney transplant recipient, one from my mom in 2004, and then again from my brother-in-law in 2010. I’ll go ahead and take this opportunity to show off this post, which was syndicated on BlogHer back in January 2011!
- As of October 2017, I am back on dialysis, waiting for kidney #3. I’ve been overwhelmed by the generosity of friends near and far, coming forward to be tested to donate, and I remain hopeful that my potential donor is out there. You can find some of my “Kidney Stuff” post under the Writing tab on my site, or you can click here.
- In late 2018, I launched my own small business, Pew Pew Lasercraft, making laser cut jewelry for geeks like me. I also take on a lot of custom orders, so if there’s something you’re looking for, I’d love to partner and make it a reality! Find my posts about all things laser, including tutorials and projects, right here.