This is the second post about Max’s Star Wars 5th birthday party… you can read the first post here.
I always love to do themed food, even if it’s something as simple as renaming a packaged snack.
Our whole menu was as follows:
- HOTH DOGS
- SPACE CHIPS : Doritos
- DROID PARTS : Chex Mix
- WOOKIEE COOKIES : Cocoa & Rice Krispy Treats
- BOBA FETTUCINE : Pasta salad made with fettucine
- DROID ARMY : R2D2 shaped plastic Easter eggs, stuffed with Star Wars fruit snacks
- GRAPE SABERS : Grapes on a bamboo skewer, with a duct tape-covered wine cork at one end for the handle
- ASTEROID PUFFS : Pirate’s Booty
- JEDI JUICE : Fruit juice pouches and water
For the cake, I didn’t want to challenge myself too much to the actual execution, so we created this “AT-AT Takedown” scene. The cake itself is just a lemon cake (Max’s request) with white frosting to go with the frozen tundra of Hoth.
We topped it with a LEGO A-Wing fighter (yes, we know it’s technically the wrong ship!) and put an AT-AT Walker model behind it, with wire wrapped around its legs, recreating a famous scene in The Empire Strikes Back.
Read the party overview post here: Star Wars Birthday Party and come back next week for tutorials on specific projects!