This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheHeat #CollectiveBias
I’m a huge fan of what I call “cheater recipes” You know the ones; they’re incredibly simple to make, take only moments, but when you put them together just right, magic happens. My brother-in-law’s family makes a dip that they serve with potato chips; the first time I tried it, I fell in love and asked for the recipe. You know what it is? It’s cream cheese, ketchup, and onion. That’s it. Like I said, magic.
One of my other favorite cheater recipes is brie and jelly; it’s a delicious appetizer or snack that’s always a crowd-pleaser. You simply take a wheel or wedge of brie, pile some jam or jelly on top, and stick it in the oven until everything gooey and delicious. One of the best parts is that is works with sweet and savory options; I’ve even seen it made with caramel instead of jelly! YUM. The creaminess of the brie, with the kiss of flavor from the jelly. Delish.
It’s because of this favorite combo of mine that I was so excited to try it out with new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread. It’s better for you, because it’s sweetened with honey, and the jalapeño gives it just the right amount of kick. It comes in more traditional flavors too, like plain Strawberry, or Triple Berry.
I’ve upgraded this dish from an appetizer to an entrée by adding in chicken; these familiar flavors I love are the perfect accompaniment to a simple chicken breast, and is deceptively fast and easy to put together.
Spicy Strawberry and Brie Baked Chicken
- Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread
- Small wheel of brie
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking dish with foil
- Place chicken breasts in pan
- Put approx. 1/3 c. of Smucker’s in small bowl
- Using Smucker’s from bowl, brush generously onto chicken breasts
- Salt & paper as desired
- Place probe thermometer in thickest part of one breast, set reminder alarm to beep at ~140° (Chicken is done at 170°)
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 140° (about 30 minutes)
- While chicken is baking, thinly slice brie
- When chicken reaches temperature, carefully remove from oven.
- Lay brie slices across chicken, 2 pieces per chicken breast.
- After placing brie, drizzle additional Smucker’s over the whole dish.
- Place back in oven until internal temperature reaches 165°, let sit to come up to temp. (About 15 minutes)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Paired with a spinach and strawberry salad on the side, and you’ve got a perfect dinner with something for everyone in the family!